We are based in Springfield, Illinois, and represent and service over 4,000 members in 15 states. Our members are trucking companies as well as companies that operate trucks as part of their business.
Mid-West Truckers Association works closely with all state and federal agencies involved in the trucking industry and are considered a leader in representing the trucking industry throughout the Midwest. We serve on many state, regional, and national advisory boards to make sure the voices of our members are heard.
FACEMASKS ONCE AGAIN REQUIRED AT STATE FACILITIES – Effective today, the Illinois Secretary of State has ordered the use of face masks at all SOS facilities statewide and the Illinois Capitol Building in Springfield. The face mask mandate is considered a preventative measure in light of the recent uptick in positive COVID cases being reported. Secretary of State Jesse White says its imperative for driver service facilities to remain open to handle the heavy post-COVID volume of renewals. While expiration deadlines have been extended for drivers licenses and vehicle registrations, it DOES NOT INCLUDE CDL’s or truck registrations.
August 19 - Northern Advisory Board MeetingTBD, 7 p.m.
Any Member can attend an Advisory Board meeting, please call the office to reserve a seat for dinner at 217-525-0310
2021 Educational Series Webinars
Click the session below to register to attend. Sessions will be on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m.
All sessions are free to all MTA members and available as a recording afterwards!
- Understanding Entry-Level Driver Training
- Kevin Duesterhaus, Illinois Secretary of State
- Dan Meyer, FMCSA
- "Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse Update"
- Shelly Miller, Mid-West Truckers Association
- Matt Wells, Mid-West Truckers Assocation
- "Developing Effective Safety Training & Driver Meetings"
- Jerry Curl, Hoffman Transportation
- "2021 labor & Employment Laws Updates Impacting Trucking Employers" (Handout)
- Jeffery Risch, SmithAmundsen Law Firm
- "Turning the Curve on your CSA Score"
- Rose Kastrup, CSA Advisors LLC
- "IFTA Fuel Tax Update"
-Trent Knoles, Illinois Dept. of Revenue
- "Illinois Secretary of State CDL Update"
- Kevin Duesterhaus, Driver Services Director, ILSOS
- "Working with the New Hours of Service Regulations" (Handouts)
- Matt Wells, Mid-West Truckers Association, Inc.
- "Trucking and the COVID19 Pandemic Update"
- Dan Meyer FMCSA